Every bit of support for Jessie’s Fund is really appreciated. You can make a real difference, for example:
• £15 can buy a hand-held ‘stirring drum’
• £30 would pay for a djembe drum
• £40 pays for a music therapy session
• £250 will fund a day’s music therapy
• £2,500 pays for a project in a special school
Please download the donation form and send the completed form with a cheque made payable to Jessie’s Fund at:
15 Priory Street
York YO1 6ET
Please call us on 01904 658189 if you would like to make a donation from your credit or debit card. If we can’t answer your call at the time, please leave a message and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
By CAF Charity Account
Click here to log in to your online CAF account or send a CAF cheque along with a completed donation form by post as above.
Set up a regular gift
Regular gifts enable us to plan ahead, as they provide us with a steady income stream.
Standing orders with your bank are the most efficient way of supporting our work and minimising administration costs. Setting up a regular gift of just £3 per month means that you over the course of a year you will have paid for a music therapy session with a child. If you are a UK taxpayer, we can claim back Gift Aid on your donation.
• £3 per month pays for a music therapy session after a year
• £10 per month for a year could provide 3 music therapy sessions
• £20 per year could buy a small musical instrument each year
• £100 per year could help train a specialist musician to work with children
• £50 per quarter could fund a day’s music therapy in a children’s hospice
Click here to find out more about Gift Aid
Donations to Jessie’s Fund made through Payroll Giving are taken from your salary before tax. For example, every £10 you give will only actually cost you £8 (at the standard 20% tax rate); the taxman pays the balance. If you pay higher rate tax at 40%, the actual cost of a £10 donation is only £6.
You can use Payroll Giving provided you are an employee and your employer operates a Payroll Giving scheme. If they don’t, you could ask if they would be willing to start one.
If you have decided to give through Payroll Giving, you can download and print the Payroll giving form. Complete the payroll giving form and give it to your employer to authorise them to deduct your donation from your regular pay. Please also send a copy of your completed form to Jessie’s Fund, 15 Priory Street, York YO1 6ET.
Click here for more information about Payroll Giving.
Fundraise for Jessie’s Fund
Jessie’s Fund does everything with a core team of just four people (all part-time): we don’t have a fundraising team, so if you are able to raise money for us it means we can help more children with special needs.
Your event is important to us, and if you get in touch to tell us about it we’ll be happy to publicise it on our website, through Facebook and Twitter, and in our newsletter.
We can also send you leaflets, sponsorship forms, collecting boxes and Jessie’s Fund t-shirts.
Here are some fundraising ideas:
- Physical challenges (eg. London Marathon; walking or cycling or swimming challenges). A sponsorship page can be set up with Virgin Money Giving or Justgiving. You can also download a sponsorship form here.
- Join us on a sponsored bike ride – a challenge at about 60 – 70 miles a day for three or four days, and also a great way to make new friends and have a lot of fun. To find out about our next one, just email us.
- Musical events (concerts, 24 hour music marathons, Grade One-athons)
- Community events (jumble sales, fêtes, plant sales, cake sales)
- School events (perhaps with Jessie’s Fund as a school’s ‘Charity of the Year’)
- Donate an old car which is going for scrap
- Shop online and raise a bit for Jessie’s Fund at no extra cost to you
- Donate through eBay: you can donate anything from 10% to 100% of the purchase price of your item: items with a charity ribbon icon get more viewings and reduced selling fees.
- Send e-cards for birthdays and other events. You can also send a virtual gift here.
- Recycle your used inkjet cartridges: each cartridge raises £1 for Jessie’s Fund (as long as they haven’t been previously refilled). Don’t forget to choose Jessie’s Fund as your charity. To make it really easy, we can send you a freepost envelope so you just pop your cartridges in and drop it into a postbox. Email us if you’d like one.
For some handy fundraising tips go to: Raising Funding
We can send you a fundraising pack with lots of extra information – just email us with a brief description of what sort of event you have in mind.